Thursday, March 15, 2018

Countdown to the New Me

So I've been slacking a little over the last few months in writing.  My path to transition was forced into a temporary slowdown as I worked towards my weight loss surgery as posted about in my previous blog.

But things are picking up and my path is currently clear. Today is Thursday, March 15th, and much like Caesar, I will not "beware the Ides of March." This past Monday, I began my 2 week liquid only diet that will bring me right to my surgery date. On March 26, I will go under the knife and have a portion of my stomach removed. Since January 1, I have lost nearly 30lbs… I am less than 300lbs for the first time in nearly a decade, I'm feeling stronger, my back hurts less than it has in years, and most importantly, I'm feeling GOOD. I am looking more forward to this surgery then I ever thought I would, when I first started seeing the surgeon in October, I was a bit nervous, slightly unsure of where the future would lead. But I've made it this far and the future is looking bright.

And now for the even better news, I learned last week that I will be able to begin taking hormones 2 weeks after surgery. So I looked over my calendar and decided that I'll wait 4 weeks to play it safe and, Happy Birthday to me… I made my next Endocrinologist appointment for April 26th. I already know from my previous appointment with this doctor, that she is ready to prescribe hormones to me as soon as I'm ready after the surgery, so barring any unforeseen insurance issues or lack of inventory at my local pharmacy, I should be taking my first dose with a slice of birthday cake.


So that's about it for today, I will try to write a little more often as the next few weeks should be quite eventful. I am so excited I could cry. Life is finally working itself into a place that will be everything that I have always wanted it to be and I am about to become the person I have always secretly known I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment